Saturday, November 24, 2007

9.23 SUMMARY OF THOUGHTS

This project has been extremely useful for me. At first I thought I would know many of the 23 things and I did know a few, but my knowledge has been expanded much more than I expected. Just the other day I was doing a reference interview and one of the sites I discovered during this activity was perfect for what the patron was looking for. I think the most helpful thing was discovering that there are many ways to find information on the web other than through search engines such as Google and Ask. I think it would be beneficial for this project to have a supplement every 6 months. We learned about many cool things, but there are still many, many things yet to be created and we need to keep on top of them. I would like to see libraries implement this knowledge by encouraging librarians to think about ways to use these tools in public libraries. Thank you for the opportunity to participate!

No comments: