Saturday, November 24, 2007

8.18 ONLINE PRODUCTIVITY TOOLS

Wow! Very neat. I played around with Google Docs and I can really see this coming in handy. Recently, I switched to Google for my email and I have been writing a lot of documents in my e-mail and it will auto-save to my drafts and I can come back to them. This is pretty much the same concept as Google Docs, but the format can be saved differently in Google Docs (.ppt, .doc, .html) and it can be published as a web page immediately. Being able to publish to a web page without having access to a server or using a blog, wiki, or other such place is really cool.

There are so many times when people come into the library and loose or aren't able to find their data. A lot of times I try to remind people to e-mail their documents to themselves. Using Google Docs eliminates a few steps and allows people to access these documents from anywhere without having to carry around a disk or flash drive.

No comments: