Thursday, November 8, 2007

1.2 LIFELONG LEARNING

The habit that I find to the easiest to abide by is the first one discussed, "Begin with the end in mind." I love setting new goals and coming up with new plans. Goals and plans motivate me to do well. However, sometimes I find it takes me a long time to complete the goals if they are complex. One of the reasons could be that I have difficulty with the third habit, "View problems as challenges." Sometimes if a problem is too big to overcome I will put aside the project for a later date. For example, I really want to learn how to knit mittens, but everytime I look at a pattern I get frustrated because I don't understand all of the directions. So I set it aside and figure at some point it will be convenient for me to ask someone else about how to do this. This is good for my sanity, but not so good for the completion of my goals in a timely manner.

No comments: